Topics

SDR screen shots from today’s flight (EOSS-280)

Jeff Deaton

Here are a handful of screen grabs while we were tracking down EOSS-280 using the SDR system today. The initial predicted landing locations (X marks the spot) were plotting just south of Wild Horse, however, as the balloon descended through ~30k feet, they moved very near to the final landing location and bounced around there until touch down. Got to watch EOSS-280 glide to the ground!

The dashed line is the predict file plotted on the map...well, one of the predict files. I don’t think I ever got the latest one loaded. ;)

Cheers,
-Jeff
N6BA

Stephen Meer

Very cool!  Thanks for sharing

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 4:11 PM -0700, "Jeff Deaton via Groups.Io" <deatojef@...> wrote:

Here are a handful of screen grabs while we were tracking down EOSS-280 using the SDR system today.  The initial predicted landing locations (X marks the spot) were plotting just south of Wild Horse, however, as the balloon descended through ~30k feet, they moved very near to the final landing location and bounced around there until touch down.  Got to watch EOSS-280 glide to the ground!

The dashed line is the predict file plotted on the map...well, one of the predict files.  I don’t think I ever got the latest one loaded.  ;)

Cheers,
-Jeff
N6BA

John Dinneen

Outstanding - beautiful graphics.

Cant wait to get one of these!

John F Dinneen KCØL
kc0l@...
john.dinneen@...
Home: 469.362.1942
Here are a handful of screen grabs while we were tracking down EOSS-280 using the SDR system today. The initial predicted landing locations (X marks the spot) were plotting just south of Wild Horse, however, as the balloon descended through ~30k feet, they moved very near to the final landing location and bounced around there until touch down. Got to watch EOSS-280 glide to the ground!

The dashed line is the predict file plotted on the map...well, one of the predict files. I don’t think I ever got the latest one loaded. ;)

Cheers,
-Jeff
N6BA

Thomas Londrigan

Nice work Jeff! If you email them to me I will post in the Recap Galleries.

Jeff Deaton

Roger that, Tom.  Will be later...sitting on a plane at the moment.  ;) ;)

-Jeff
N6BA

On Nov 4, 2018, at 6:38 PM, Thomas Londrigan <lawndragon@...> wrote:

Nice work Jeff! If you email them to me I will post in the Recap Galleries.

Thomas Londrigan

Nevermind, I figured it out and put them on the page.
Tom Londrigan

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 7:34 PM Jeff Deaton via Groups.Io <deatojef=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Roger that, Tom.  Will be later...sitting on a plane at the moment.  ;) ;)

-Jeff
N6BA

On Nov 4, 2018, at 6:38 PM, Thomas Londrigan <lawndragon@...> wrote:

Nice work Jeff! If you email them to me I will post in the Recap Galleries.

Jeff Deaton

Thank you, Sir.

-Jeff
N6BA