Topics

SDR Receiver, Request for interest, Please Respond

Marty Griffin

Hello EOSS Folks,

As many of you have heard, a new, multi-frequency, SDR and Balloon Tracking System is being developed by a team including Steve, K0SCC, Jeff, N6BA, Jeff N2XGL and Doug, N0IX with a plethora of inputs from innocent, technically unwashed observers.  The product intent is to receive and track as many as 8+ balloon frequencies simultaneously.  This project is nearing completion and interest is mounting.

It is anticipated that the hardware will be stable and, in the future, software improvements and updates will be provided periodically for download.   

The team anticipates that the finished product will be a small form factor, fanless computer, i5 processor, 8 GB RAM and a 512 GB HD.  This unit will require the user to download a software image developed by this team, plus provide an antenna and a 12 vdc power source.  The cost should be about $500 plus or minus $100, depending on negotiations.

The intent of this message is not to elaborate on the hardware specifics, but to determine the quantity discount Steve can negotiate with the supplier.  To determine the quantity, with no obligation, please respond as to how many of you would be interested in purchasing one or more of these finished products within the next six months or sooner.

Please respond with your name, call, email and possible quantity.  I will maintain an email list to keep you updated.  Thanks for reading this and hopefully you can join us in this exciting adventure.

Regards,

- Marty, WAØGEH

Marty Griffin

Resent to include trackers@eoss.groups.io

Hello EOSS Folks,

As many of you have heard, a new, multi-frequency, SDR and Balloon Tracking System is being developed by a team including Steve, K0SCC, Jeff, N6BA, Jeff N2XGL and Doug, N0IX with a plethora of inputs from innocent, technically unwashed observers.  The product intent is to receive and track as many as 8+ balloon frequencies simultaneously.  This project is nearing completion and interest is mounting.

It is anticipated that the hardware will be stable and, in the future, software improvements and updates will be provided periodically for download.   

The team anticipates that the finished product will be a small form factor, fanless computer, i5 processor, 8 GB RAM and a 512 GB HD.  This unit will require the user to download a software image developed by this team, plus provide an antenna and a 12 vdc power source.  The cost should be about $500 plus or minus $100, depending on negotiations.

The intent of this message is not to elaborate on the hardware specifics, but to determine the quantity discount Steve can negotiate with the supplier.  To determine the quantity, with no obligation, please respond as to how many of you would be interested in purchasing one or more of these finished products within the next six months or sooner.

Please respond with your name, call, email and possible quantity.  I will maintain an email list to keep you updated.  Thanks for reading this and hopefully you can join us in this exciting adventure.

Regards,

- Marty, WAØGEH

David Lanning

Hi Marty,

David Lanning, kd0sem, One please.

Thanks
Dave

On Tuesday, October 30, 2018, 10:27:04 AM MDT, Marty Griffin <mgriffin@...> wrote:

Hello EOSS Folks,

Regards,

- Marty, WAØGEH

Norman Black

For those of us new to what is required equipment wise to be a tracker, will this unit include a display component or will a separate computer be required to interface with this equipment?

Thanks,

Norm

- KE0PAM
- JPL/NASA Solar System Ambassador - Colorado Springs, CO
- Edge of Space Payload Integrator: Edge of Space on Facebook: fb.me/strato.missions

On Oct 30, 2018, at 10:35 AM, David Lanning via Groups.Io <david_lanning@...> wrote:

Hi Marty,

Thanks
Dave

On Tuesday, October 30, 2018, 10:27:04 AM MDT, Marty Griffin <mgriffin@...> wrote:

Hello EOSS Folks,

Regards,

- Marty, WAØGEH

Mike Pappas

Sign me up for Q1

Mike Pappas
W9CN
RF Resource Coordinator
EOSS
Pappas Consulting LLC
Off: 303-988-0976
Cell: 303-807-5619
advanceddigital@...

On Oct 30, 2018, at 10:24 AM, Marty Griffin <mgriffin@...> wrote:

Hello EOSS Folks,

Regards,
- Marty, WAØGEH

Marty Griffin

Roger that, got you down.

From: main@EOSS.groups.io <main@EOSS.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Pappas
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 10:28 AM
To: main@EOSS.groups.io
Cc: eoss@groups.io; eoss_trackers@groups.io; EOSS_Trackers@...; EOSS Yahoo <EOSS@...>
Subject: Re: [EOSS] SDR Receiver, Request for interest, Please Respond

Sign me up for Q1

Mike Pappas
W9CN
RF Resource Coordinator
EOSS
Pappas Consulting LLC
Off: 303-988-0976
Cell: 303-807-5619
advanceddigital@...

On Oct 30, 2018, at 10:24 AM, Marty Griffin <mgriffin@...> wrote:

Hello EOSS Folks,

Regards,

- Marty, WAØGEH

Marty Griffin

Thanks Dave, got you down

From: main@EOSS.groups.io <main@EOSS.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Lanning via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 10:36 AM

Hi Marty,

Thanks

Dave

Hello EOSS Folks,

Regards,

- Marty, WAØGEH

Marty Griffin

Hi Norm,

The system application is web-based and will be available on a in-car Wi-fi network for a browser on a PC or tablet.  Does that help?

- Marty

From: main@EOSS.groups.io <main@EOSS.groups.io> On Behalf Of Norman Black
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 10:43 AM

For those of us new to what is required equipment wise to be a tracker, will this unit include a display component or will a separate computer be required to interface with this equipment?

Thanks,

Norm

- KE0PAM

- JPL/NASA Solar System Ambassador - Colorado Springs, CO

- Edge of Space Payload Integrator: Edge of Space on Facebook: fb.me/strato.missions

On Oct 30, 2018, at 10:35 AM, David Lanning via Groups.Io <david_lanning@...> wrote:

Hi Marty,

Thanks

Dave

Hello EOSS Folks,

Regards,

- Marty, WAØGEH

Larry Noble

Name - Lawrence Noble
Call - N0NDM
Email - n0ndm@...
Quantity - one
_._,_._,_

Nick

Nick Hanks, NØLP,  One please.

Nick

From: main@EOSS.groups.io [mailto:main@EOSS.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marty Griffin
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 10:25
To: eoss@groups.io; eoss_trackers@groups.io; EOSS_Trackers@...; EOSS Yahoo; EOSS@...
Subject: [EOSS] SDR Receiver, Request for interest, Please Respond

Hello EOSS Folks,

Regards,

- Marty, WAØGEH

Jim Langsted

Sign me up for one!  Jim KCØRPS

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018, 9:27 AM Marty Griffin <mgriffin@...> wrote:

Hello EOSS Folks,

As many of you have heard, a new, multi-frequency, SDR and Balloon Tracking System is being developed by a team including Steve, K0SCC, Jeff, N6BA, Jeff N2XGL and Doug, N0IX with a plethora of inputs from innocent, technically unwashed observers.  The product intent is to receive and track as many as 8+ balloon frequencies simultaneously.  This project is nearing completion and interest is mounting.

Regards,

- Marty, WAØGEH

Jeff Shykula

Please sign me up for one Marty.

Jeff Shykula

N2XGL

jshykula@...

Qty 1

From: main@EOSS.groups.io <main@EOSS.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Langsted
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 17:26
To: main@eoss.groups.io

Sign me up for one!  Jim KCØRPS

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018, 9:27 AM Marty Griffin <mgriffin@...> wrote:

Hello EOSS Folks,

As many of you have heard, a new, multi-frequency, SDR and Balloon Tracking System is being developed by a team including Steve, K0SCC, Jeff, N6BA, Jeff N2XGL and Doug, N0IX with a plethora of inputs from innocent, technically unwashed observers.  The product intent is to receive and track as many as 8+ balloon frequencies simultaneously.  This project is nearing completion and interest is mounting.

Regards,

- Marty, WAØGEH

Colin, WG0E

Marty –

I know I don’t get out to track much, but put me down for one.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Colin, WG0E

From: main@EOSS.groups.io <main@EOSS.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marty Griffin
To: eoss@groups.io; trackers@eoss.groups.io; EOSS_Trackers@...; EOSS Yahoo <EOSS@...>

Hello EOSS Folks,

Regards,

- Marty, WAØGEH

Jeff Deaton

Hi Marty,

Attached is a PDF with a short description of what the team is working on and where one of these small, industrial computers fits into the system.  The PDF also includes some screen shots of the SDR tracking application to wet the appetite.  

Thanks,
-Jeff
N6BA

P.s.  hopefully the attachment (didn’t realize it was so big) makes it through the email filter machinery.

On Oct 30, 2018, at 10:27 AM, Marty Griffin <mgriffin@...> wrote:

Hello EOSS Folks,

Regards,

- Marty, WAØGEH

George Lehmkuhl

Marty 
George Lehmkuhl,  W0NFW, george.lehmkuhl@..., Qty one. 
George

To: eoss@groups.io; trackers@eoss.groups.io; EOSS_Trackers@...; EOSS Yahoo <EOSS@...>
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 10:27 AM

Hello EOSS Folks,

Regards,
- Marty, WAØGEH

Braedon Bellamy

Put me down for one.

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 10:27 AM Marty Griffin <mgriffin@...> wrote:

Hello EOSS Folks,

Regards,

- Marty, WAØGEH

--
Best Regards,
   Braedon Bellamy

Ham Radio Extra: NB4V | Parker radio Association Member | Solidworks Certified Professional | MultiGP organizer | NASA Space Grant | Technology Student Association Alumni | Zap Engineering and Construction Services Intern ARRL Member

Braedon Bellamy

Put me down for one( Gmail said my email didn’t go through so disregard this if you got my preci

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 6:39 AM Braedon Bellamy <braedonb98@...> wrote:
Put me down for one.

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 10:27 AM Marty Griffin <mgriffin@...> wrote:

Hello EOSS Folks,

Regards,

- Marty, WAØGEH

--
Best Regards,
   Braedon Bellamy

Ham Radio Extra: NB4V | Parker radio Association Member | Solidworks Certified Professional | MultiGP organizer | NASA Space Grant | Technology Student Association Alumni | Zap Engineering and Construction Services Intern ARRL Member
--
Best Regards,
   Braedon Bellamy

David Lanning

Thanks for the preview.  Very nice work.

Dave
kd0sem

On Tuesday, October 30, 2018, 10:52:46 PM MDT, Jeff Deaton via Groups.Io <deatojef@...> wrote:

Hi Marty,

Attached is a PDF with a short description of what the team is working on and where one of these small, industrial computers fits into the system.  The PDF also includes some screen shots of the SDR tracking application to wet the appetite.  

Thanks,
-Jeff
N6BA

P.s.  hopefully the attachment (didn’t realize it was so big) makes it through the email filter machinery.

On Oct 30, 2018, at 10:27 AM, Marty Griffin <mgriffin@...> wrote:

Hello EOSS Folks,

Regards,

- Marty, WAØGEH

John Blakely

John and Nancy will buy one. 

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Oct 30, 2018 10:24 AM
To: eoss@groups.io, eoss_trackers@groups.io, EOSS_Trackers@..., EOSS Yahoo , EOSS@...

Hello EOSS Folks,

Regards,

- Marty, WAØGEH

Marty Griffin

Hi Colin,

Great to hear from you.  Got you down for one.  When you get the unit going, you will probably want to be out there with us every flight.  Good luck and we hope all is well with you and your family.

- Marty

From: main@EOSS.groups.io <main@EOSS.groups.io> On Behalf Of Colin, WG0E
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 8:32 PM
To: main@EOSS.groups.io; eoss@groups.io; trackers@eoss.groups.io; EOSS_Trackers@...; 'EOSS Yahoo' <EOSS@...>

Marty –

I know I don’t get out to track much, but put me down for one.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Colin, WG0E

From: main@EOSS.groups.io <main@EOSS.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marty Griffin

Hello EOSS Folks,

Regards,

- Marty, WAØGEH