Topics

EOSS 281/282 Payload plans updated

Thomas Londrigan

I have posted updates to the payload plans on the website.  EOSS-282 Heavy EOSS beacons were changed, and an MSU GPS payload was added.  Digi capability was removed from 281 Heavy, 281 Lite and 282 Lite.

Jeff Shykula

Tom - one question:  For EOSS-282 Lite Rev A, you show top as K0SCC-11 at 147.420 MHz. Is the transmit frequency of K0SCC-11 adjustable?  We have a handful of now designated frequencies for EOSS beacon that all fall within the 2 MHz bandwidth of our SDR radios.  Would it be possible to request that K0SCC-11 be configured to use one of those frequencies?

Thanks,
-Jeff
N2XGL

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 8:16 PM -0700, "Thomas Londrigan" <lawndragon@...> wrote:

I have posted updates to the payload plans on the website.  EOSS-282 Heavy EOSS beacons were changed, and an MSU GPS payload was added.  Digi capability was removed from 281 Heavy, 281 Lite and 282 Lite.

Stephen Meer

Jeff,

For this flight I am not able to adjust K0SCC-11.  It is a vintage unit that is typically not opened prior to flight, everything is done from the outside.  It takes a couple of hours to get open and to the radio and then put all back together. I just ran out of time to make this happen for this flight given all of the other payloads that needed prep.  Presuming that we don't have any mega-damage as a result of this flight I will be changing this to one of our standard frequencies during the post flight rehab of all the gear.

I apologize for the extended split.  I think this will be the last time we have to deal with this.

/s/SM2

On November 8, 2018 at 9:46 PM "Jeff Shykula via Groups.Io" <jshykula@...> wrote:

Tom - one question:  For EOSS-282 Lite Rev A, you show top as K0SCC-11 at 147.420 MHz. Is the transmit frequency of K0SCC-11 adjustable?  We have a handful of now designated frequencies for EOSS beacon that all fall within the 2 MHz bandwidth of our SDR radios.  Would it be possible to request that K0SCC-11 be configured to use one of those frequencies?

Thanks,
-Jeff
N2XGL

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 8:16 PM -0700, "Thomas Londrigan" <lawndragon@...> wrote:

I have posted updates to the payload plans on the website.  EOSS-282 Heavy EOSS beacons were changed, and an MSU GPS payload was added.  Digi capability was removed from 281 Heavy, 281 Lite and 282 Lite.

Jeff Shykula

Thank you for the clarification Steve – no worries at all.  I just wanted to be sure that the folks using SDR’s know they will need a second one to cover K0SCC-11 this time.

-Jeff

N2XGL

[...]

Jeff Deaton

[knock on wood] I should have the SDR in the truck setup to listen on all frequencies in play this weekend including 147.420 if need be.  I’ll have an alternate set of startup scripts ready for the SDR to manually make that happen using two USB dongles.  If cell coverage allows, they’ll be packets will get igated as well.

I’ll also have the home station configured to listen on all frequencies for igating purposes, assuming packets prefer to go to Valhalla (er...um...APRS-IS) through a portal in SE Castle Rock.  ;)

-Jeff
N6BA